We do not have the intention to collect information from anyone under the age of 13. Our Website or Service are directed to people at the age of at least 13 years old or older. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Service or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to us or on the Service. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
What information do we collect?
- Information you provide to us
We collect and process your Personal Information such as your name, username, password, email address, phone number, billing and delivery address, social media links, user profile information and user content, including images you have uploaded to the site – only with your knowledge and consent when you use our Website or Service and make service enquiries, or when you respond to communications from us and other information collected on signing up or through surveys.
You can choose not to provide us with any or all of the information we specify or request, but then you may not be able to sign up with us or to take advantage of some or all of our features.
- Information collected automatically
When you access our Website or Service, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, “cookie” information, and the page you requested. “Cookies” are identifiers we transfer to your computer or device that allow us to recognize your browser or device and tell us how and when pages in our Website are visited and by how many people. Cookies also help us to remember the items you place in your shopping cart. You may be able to change the preferences on your browser or device to prevent or limit your computer’s or device’s acceptance of cookies, but doing so may prevent you from taking advantage of our Website’s best features.
When we collect usage information (such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to the Website and to which pages within the Website), we only use such data in aggregate form, in a manner that assures your anonymity. We may provide this aggregate usage information to our partners; our partners may use such information to understand how often and in what ways people use our Website, so that our partners, too, can endeavor to provide you with an optimal online experience.
Use of your Personal Information
- The Personal Information provided may be used and processed by us for the following purposes:
- assessing your application to sign up for the use of the Website or Service;
- to create user profiling and preferences and verify and record your personal particulars including comparing it with information from other sources and using the information to communicate with you;
- to respond to your inquiries;
- to provide and improve our services;
- to manage and administer your participation in any of its campaigns, where applicable;
- to undertake market surveys, market research and development, statistical and trend analysis;
- to provide you with information on products and services
- We may employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we inform you otherwise, our agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what we deem necessary to assist us in performing such tasks.
- We only will share your data with third parties for the purposes of meeting our commitment to you, for instance forwarding your address to shipping agents to deliver your order and identity check.
- Any content you upload to your public user profile, along with any Personal Information or content that you voluntarily disclose online in a manner other users can view becomes publicly available, and can be collected and used by others. Your username may also be displayed to other users if and when you post comments or upload images through the Website and other users can contact you through such comments.
- When you make an order on our site, you can pay through online bank transfer with any major banks via Billplz and Stripe in a secure manner. To protect our customers’ sensitive data, we work with trustable, reputable company like Billplz and Stripe to provide safe and shopping experience for you. When you confirm to pay, your bank account info will be transmitted through a very secured connection to the international security standard Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). We will not store your bank account info after a transaction is complete.
- Your Personal Information will be retained for three (3) months from the date you notify us of your wish to limit or refrain from using your personal data, and may be retained in either a physical or electronic format. Upon the expiry of the aforementioned period, your Personal Information shall be securely and permanently deleted from our database.
- We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with laws; enforce or apply our conditions of use and/or other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Shoppertise, our employees, our users, or others.
- As part of the products or services offered to you through our Website or Service, the information you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside of Malaysia to which you hereby agree. For example, our server or service provider may be located in a country outside of Malaysia. If we transfer your information outside of Malaysia in this manner, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected. In addition, if you use our Website or Service while you are outside of Malaysia, your information may be transferred outside of Malaysia in order to provide you with those services.
Is Personal Information about me secure?
Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password (or other sign-on protections) appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device by logging out after you have finished accessing your account.
We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology to transmit your sensitive information to the parties that are given permission to access to our systems. It is also used to protect Personal Information from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss. We will ensure that all the information you provided to us are kept private and confidential.
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Information we hold in our records, but we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorised entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time.
What Personal Information can I access
- Through your account settings, you may access, and, in some cases, edit or delete the following information you’ve provided to us:
- Name, username, and password
- Social media links
- Email address and phone number
- Billing and delivery address
- User profile information and user content, including images you have uploaded to the site
What choices do I have?
You can always elect not to disclose information to us. However, please keep in mind that we may need some information to allow you to sign up with us or to take advantage of some or all of our features, and if you choose not to provide that information, your ability to use our Website and services may be limited.